Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mary's Method for Mothers

To God be the glory for the wonderful things He has done. Again He has blessed us with an opportunity to celebrate His awesome glory and holiness. I count it a privilege to have been able to facilitate another day of worship. I am ever grateful that God would choose an unworthy vessel such as I to be a part of this Christian warfare we wage. And yes, worship is warfare as well. God was ever faithful and present in our services today. I really do believe that God continues to deepen my love for His work and people there at Friendship. The fellowship was as edifying as always. The prayer, music and, if I must say so myself, the preaching were ALL right on time. I thank you Lord for being with us. We had quite a few mothers and daughters worshiping together with us today. I am glad that God led the way He did. I don't ever feel as if I HAVE to preach occasions or special days per say. However, God did allow a word relevant to the mothers on today. The Gospel of Luke, chapter 2, verses 41-51 was today's scriptural focus. Today we shared several attributes of Mary, in her role as mother of Jesus, that are worthy of assimilating into the daily practice and principle of today's mother. 1) She returned to retrieve her child 2) She rushed to reprimand her child and 3) She remembered to release her child.... God was good to us and I am thankful. Now is the time for me to pause and render homage and accolades to my wife, Sis. LaTonya D. Pullam. God knows that she has been a wonderful mother and nurturer in our home. Of course, we all are a work in progress. However, God could not have blessed me with a better mother to my children. She has even been able to rise to the huge responsibility and calling of "step-motherhood" and has done so with a graciousness that is truly a beauty to behold. Thanks my dear... Naturally, I thank God for a strong, wise and virtuous mother. I find great solace in the fact that I can call Sis. Vietta L. Francis Pullam "mama/mom." And then to every mother that carries the burden/blessing of motherhood. I am grateful for your gift of unconditional love. I encourage you to be continually immovable in the Lord as you strive to be everything that God intends for you.

3 Comments:

At 4:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pastor Pullam, this is wonderful. K.H

 
At 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PASTOR PULLAM THIS WAS A WONDERFUL SUNDAY I COULD FEEL THE LOVE IN THE AIR FROM ALL THE MOMS I FEEL BLESSED TO HAVE SUCH WONDERUL CHILDREN INCLUDING THE ONES THAT CALL ME MAMA AT FRIENDSHIP I LOVE THEM ALL, WHWN MY SON SAID HE THANKED ME FOR GIVING HIM LIFE IT REALLY TOUCHED ME BECAUSE YOU REALLY DONT EXPECT SOMETHING LIKE THAT FROM A TEENAGER MY OTHER TWO WERE NOT ABLE TO COME INTO TOWN BUT IN THEIR HEART THEY WERE WITH ME AND YOU KNOW SIS PULLAM IS AN AWSOME WOMAN SHE IS YOU RIB ,SHE IS YOUR QUEEN AND WE ALL LOVE HER ALSO GOD BLESS YOU ALWAYS A.S.

 
At 1:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"What shall I render unto the Lord for all His benefits towards me?" I praise God daily for all six of you and am in constant amazement of His grace. Thank you for such a beautiful expression, I am truly humbled. lp

 

Post a Comment

<< Home