Friday, May 05, 2006

They that Wait!!!

Man... To say that today was a long day would be a major understatement. It's times like this that calls to question my decision to try the "bi-vocational" thing for a while. I am sure that God will bless my stewardship. The ideal scenario would be the biblical one. Paul says, in 1 Corinthians 9:14, "that those who preach the gospel should live of the gospel." I have come to greatly appreciate and cherish those Christians who recognize that it is not beneficial to the body of Christ to "muzzle the ox who treads out the corn." But, I am truly grateful that God has blessed me with a multiplicity of talents and abilities. I count it a true blessing to be able to earn money in times of need. God is really blessing my entrepreneurial endeavors and I am truly thankful.

Our Sunday School lesson last Sunday reminded us of "God's Perfect Timing." I will continue to "wait on the Lord..." I know that "due season" is on its way. I did get some very good news today. One of our members has been working on a court appeal for almost eleven years now. Her family has diligently held to the premise that her brother's conviction was based on erroneous evidence. Well, after all this time they have finally gained an audience with the Appeal Review Board. The case is now currently under review. I count this as another testimony that "the race is not given to the swift nor to the strong, but to those that endure till the end." Lord, grant us the patience and strength to continually wait on you.

3 Comments:

At 6:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Kevin hang in there man. The Lord has placed me in a bivocational position and I know what you mean. But I trust that God is with me and he knows what he's doing even when I don't.

I'll keep you in my prayers.

Be blessed Kevin.

 
At 10:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pastor,like I say your time is coming and like you say Due season is on its way be patient God will instill that time I will continue to pray for you.
Jeremiah 29:11

 
At 9:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you documenting your daily thoughts is a ministry in and of itself. I often feel as if I know your every thought, but am starting to realize that I don't know the half of it. What I do know is that God is doing a new thing at “The Ship” as a result of your Stewardship. Be Encouraged LP

 

Post a Comment

<< Home