Thursday, May 11, 2006

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood

Top of the Morning to you!!! God be praised for another beautiful day. I am extraordinarily happy this morning because of a wonderful nights sleep. With the illness I wrestled with for the last week or so, it has been a while since I have had a peaceful rest. This morning I rose refreshed and ready for the day's challenges. Of course, I plan to spend the bulk of the day in the Barber Shop (Kevin's Kut Kreations). However, I have an agenda of things to complete this morning before I get there. We have not really launched publicity of our revival the way we should have. This morning I will attempt to get an announcement on the community calendars (channels 3, 6 and 10) and possibly in the newspaper. Then I will contact area Pastors to attempt to gain their support. History has proven that Corpus Christi is not what one would call a "Church town." Therefore, it takes a concerted effort to realize a successful event. We have made posters and also what I call "windshield flyers." These will go out in mass quantities for the next several days. I thank God for several of the members at "The Ship" who really step up and contribute their time into these sort of efforts. Once I get all of that going we will spend some much needed time at the church. We have several maintenance issues to handle there. Primarily, the water heater at the church has malfunctioned and appears to need replacement. After that, there are a host of minor "routine" maintenance things that will need attention. Well, those items at "The Ship" and "The Shop" should keep me busy enough today. I ask you all to agree with me in prayer that God would send us a few good Godly brothers to covenant with the Pastor in these sort of things. Not that we don't have good brothers at our church. However, it is a rarity to see one who shares the Heart of the Pastor. God we praise You for what You have done, what You are doing and what You shall do. We recognize that "the harvest is plentiful but the laborers few." Lord, please send forth laborers....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home