Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Plop-Plop....Fizz-Fizz

What can I say other than "Our God is an awesome God." I have a list of praise reports that would be difficult to exhaust in this post. To name two of them: 1) I thank God for granting healing and endurance to me. For the last week or so, I have struggled with a rather severe chest cold. However, God allowed me the strength to keep the Barber Shop open (the business is a praise report in and of itself). God also gave the strength to preach what I thought was an effective sermon on Sunday. God has been leading in a different direction than in times past. I really do feel that the preaching trend has invoked a more Pastoral tone lately. Of course, this makes for some quiet, thought provoking moments during the message. However, I thank God that He has been moving in this direction. I know that it will make for a greater and stronger church in the future. 2) God blessed the music ministry in a wonderful way on this Sunday. You may have noticed in a previous post that we were going to try something different for worship this past week. Our minister of music was out of the city on another ministry assignment and I decided to use "gospel performance tracks" to provide us with the music necessary for services. Man, God really smiled. The youth sang two songs with the tracks and they did a magnificent job. We also used it for praise upliftment, invitation and offering. I am just thrilled that it went as well as it did.

Thank you Lord for your many wonderful benefits toward us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home