Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Lord Send a Revival

Today was another interesting day. Of course, we just finished with midweek bible study and prayer. God was faithful to those of us who were in attendance. The Lord gave interesting insight as relates to the life of King Saul. God asks the prophet Samuel a question in 1 Samuel 16:1, "How long with you mourn over Saul?..." I thank God for the journey of discovery He led us on tonight. Man, I just wish the "masses" of the congregation would finally get a clue to the awesome power and deliverance experienced in corporate study of the word. Regardless of that, God truly blesses in that time. I have come to look forward to that time of interaction with the congregation.

Well, we are now six days away from the first night of our Spring Revival. I am too excited to articulate in words. Pastor Kevin Willis, of Riverside M.B.C, will be our special guest for three nights. I still remember the powerful way God used him during our citywide crusade several years ago. I am overwhelmed that he would agree to come and share with our congregation. I am sincerely petitioning that the Lord would "send a revival" through the ministry of Pastor Willis. I recognize, more now than ever, that even the Pastor needs to be revived at different points in ministry. I am looking forward to being in fellowship with this anointed pastor and gleaning nuggets of insight to apply to my personal and pastoral endeavors.

2 Comments:

At 9:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I looked out at our Bible Study crowd today, it was refreshing to see that God is slowly increasing our attendance while at the same time breaking some strongholds. Your teaching and preaching keeps me in utter amazement. Continue to let God use you. LP

 

Post a Comment

<< Home