Friday, May 12, 2006

T.G.I.F.

There's an idiom that has been shared for many years. "Thank God it's Friday," has resonated in most workplaces and classrooms for as long as I can remember. However, those who share in the agony and ecstasy of preaching/pastoring will most likely agree that this is when it's "up and at'em." I have come to discover that Wednesday is actually my Monday and Sunday my Friday. I know this may seem a bit odd, but like most people live to see the end of business on Friday so it is with me on Sunday. Now is the time that I am in totally high gear. I have been up this morning for about an hour and have just come out of my time of prayer and meditation. Now it's time to come up with a strategy/plan of attack for this weekend's agenda. There are so many things I must remember and CANNOT forget. One that is a MUST is to continue pushing the Revival that starts next Tuesday. Another BIG oversight I have been making is our church trip to Edinburg on next weekend. We are the HIGHLY anticipated guest of Pastor McDowell and the Rising Star B.C. congregation for their church anniversary. In light of the Revival and other events, I have not really emphasized this as much as I should have. It is very important that I do this weekend because Pastor Mc Dowell has really been excited about our coming. I would hate for our congregation to support that in a minimal way. I am also enrolled in what DelMar College calls a "MayMester." I decided, several months ago, to try an online course in Government 1301. That course started yesterday and I have an assignment due in that class by eleven tomorrow evening. It is going to be interesting to do an ENTIRE course in two weeks. Especially considering that there are assignments due each night of the revival. To include a "mid-term exam" on the closing night (Thursday) of the revival. I know that God will sustain for that. I am now on the way out on a few errands and then off to "the shop." I have every intention to close on time tonight. It will be hard to sustain the hours that I have for the last several weekends. Although I appreciate all of the business, I will have to cut off the open light at six if I hope to get out of there any time before eight. It will be vitally necessary to give the Lord my undivided attention and study stewardship tonight. As on last week, "Sunday's Coming." I will really want to set the church's affections on the premise, purpose and practice of revival. Of course, there are those in our congregations that seem to be oblivious to the need for anything we do in the church. Therefore, I pray that God will move in such a way that He can raise the consciousness of the unconcerned and consequently the need for this revival.

2 Comments:

At 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pastor Pullam, keep doing what you are doing and know that God will bless your efforts. K.H

 
At 5:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pastor, the Lord works in mysterious ways and before you know it the revival will come toghether. In my spare time I have gone to several churches and to people and handed out flyers during the week and will continue to do so until then, lots of people I have talked to will also pass the word around so like I said the Lord will take care of us soon enough even without the help of the members who just dont seem to grasp the importance of this event. I will continue praying as always for you and the Ship. A.S.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home