Saturday, September 27, 2008

W.O.W Weekend

W.O.W... It's been a tremendous week of worship, word, and fellowship. I have thoroughly been humbled and honored by the opportunity to share with Pastor Lloyd Pullam (my dad's brother) and the St. Emmanuel Baptist Church for their W.O.W. weekend. This is a ministry event/outreach effort of the college ministry. They have accepted a great challenge and call to college students on the North Texas State and Texas Women's University campuses. I was privileged to share with them on last year in this Revival and was pleasantly surprised to see that the ministry had grown almost three-fold. God be praised for their dedication to this group of young aspiring Christians.

I must admit, right off the cuff, that my impression and burden for this year was a bit different in light of the fact that I just took my oldest son off to college and "left my baby there." It has been one of the greatest adjustments to make in my life thus far. This overwhelmed me with an immediate reference to the importance of ministry to these young people who are often thousands of miles from home and embarking upon some of the greatest challenges in their life. How they make this transition and assimilate a "biblical world view" and "convictions concerning our Christ" are so vitally important for their success and continued presence in Kingdom Advancement agenda. Thus, sharing in this "Watch Out World: Your Breakthrough is on the Way" Weekend has been a great experience. God blessed the word in a mighty way and for this I am truly grateful. On last night three persons came forward to receive Christ and one to recommit her life to living for the Lord. Several of them have pulled me to the side to express how they've been touched and inquired about ways in which they can further apply the principles of the message. God is so faithful and awesome.

Well... On tomorrow morning, I will be sharing with the St. Emmanuel family again. I solicit your prayers that God will use me. I will be praying for ALL of you my blog-family that God will give you the strength, inspiration, and clarity needed to preach a solid, sound, and sincere word.

To God Be the Glory

6 Comments:

At 2:46 PM, Blogger Pastor Lance A. Mann said...

Pastor Kevin, I am often impressed by your heart for ministry and your love for the Gospel of Jesus Christ, that I eagerly await what you will post next. You have a great mind and a wonderful spirit, and I will continue praying for you and your work.

Lance

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger Vietta P's two cents worth said...

I have been waiting to hear about the revival. I thought about you all through the days and nights you were with the St Emmanuel Church. I was in sincere prayer for its success. I am happy to hear (and not surprized) that God remained faithful. There was no doubt in my mind that you would do what God had assigned with great passion and responsibility. I pray that long after you leave there that the message will live on in their hearts and spirit. May God grant you safe passage home. I love you.

Mom

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger Pastor W.L. Pullam said...

Very good and insightful post brother pastor. Going off to college is a vital and critical point in the lives of young people. As a matter of fact, it s often a "make" or "break" situation. Thank God for your using your God given insight to help through the sharing of the Word.

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Vietta P's two cents worth said...

Pastor Kevin,

I have gotten several reports on the awesome job you did during the W.O.W. weekend. I have received emails, phone calls and messages of a friend (Vonne') from a friend (?). Of course I am bursting with pride. Most of all I am so happy you did your part as God fulfilled His will for the revival.

Because of your effective presentation and the awesome power of the word of God preached, more were added to the church.

Glory be to the Father,
I love you,
Mom

 
At 5:29 AM, Blogger Pastor A. A. McGhee said...

I'm sure you were a blessing to the Body of Christ!! I praise God for your ministry. We in the blogosphere are truly blessed to call you our brother.

 
At 7:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes! Your blog is great, and I know something about the night elves, they are the race I WOW power leveling when I get my first account:The reclusive Night Elves power leveling[ were the first race to awaken in the World of Warcraft Power Leveling. These shadowy, immortal beings were the first to study magic and let it loose throughout the world nearly ten thousand years before Warcraft I. The Night Elves' reckless use of magic drew the Burning Legion into the world and led to a catastrophic war between the two titanic races. The Night Elves barely managed to banish the Legion from the world, but their wondrous homeland was shattered and drowned by the sea. I love this race and suggested everyone that start their WOW power leveling a rogue or druidof night elf

 

Post a Comment

<< Home