Monday, September 22, 2008

Lord Send a Revival

It's now late Monday evening and I am in FULL gear preparing myself for revival on this week. On last year I was invited to share in a time of Revival for the College Ministry of St. Emmanuel Baptist Church in Denton Texas. The Lord was faithful and blessed our time there. Subsequently, I have been invited to share again on this year. It's an event they call "W.O.W. Weekend." The sub-caption being "Watch Out World It's Our Time to Shine." On Thursday and Friday Evening I will be responsible for sharing the preached word. I will then be the guest for a special Sunday worship experience in which they will have representation from the various Universities and Fraternities in the area proper.

I ask your prayers. I have struggled with many different thoughts. As always, I want to be relevant and helpful. I also want to be faithful and accurate in biblical exposition. This is not the time to allow "fads" and "topical trends" to overwhelm me, and I realize this. Even more, I have struggled with the thought of this being a Two Night revival, rather than three. This omits the usual "Get A Feel For It" night (night one), "Get Settled In" (night two), and "Close Out Strong" (night 3). Basically, in a situation like this, there is absolutely no room or time to try to "gage" the constituents/crowd and discern the tone for the week.

Well, I know that God has a perfect plan in mind. I will keep my blog family posted on the developments through the week. I just know that "the fervent effectual prayer of a the righteous avails much." So, please meet me in prayer that the Lord will be the central focus and voice on this week.

Kevin

3 Comments:

At 11:01 PM, Blogger Pastor W.L. Pullam said...

Well son, we will be lifting the revival and you in prayer. You are blessed to know the landscape and I am confident that the Lord is going to direct you to exactly where He wants you to go, directly to what He wants you to do and directly to what He wants you to say on His behalf.
Preach on!
By the tie of Calvary

 
At 12:16 AM, Blogger Vietta P's two cents worth said...

Of course, as for your Mama, there is no doubt in her mind that you are "prepared" to preach. Meaning...you are experienced in handling a revival, you "know" this congregation well, those in attendance and the Pastor have a somewhat intimate relationship with you. So, they will be receptive and prayerful for you, as well as the rest of us. KEEP YOUR MIND ON THINGS OF GOD!!! (LOL) and have quality time to study, meditate, pray, listen, and obey. I know the Lord will bless. You are a fantatic Evangelist. I Look forward to the report. Just preach.
Be safe.

I love you.
Mom

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Keith D. Witherspoon said...

Pastor,

We will be praying for you and the revival. We pray that the people will be edified, God will be glorified, and the devil will be horrified! Preach on Revun!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home