Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Bloggersville Based Brainstorm

My thoughts are nowhere near developed, but here it goes. I am up trying to wind down after a wonderful night at midweek bible study and prayer. A thought hit me on last evening that seems to be revisiting me again now. It's in an "infancy" form at this point but the Lord has laid something on my hear as result of my overwhelming connection with our "circle" of bloggers that seems to be developing.

Wouldn't it be great if we could form some kind of alliance, association, etc. with the group of powerful, prolific, and insightful Pastors, Preachers, and churchmen that have come to have a warm and unique fellowship through this vehicle? My thought is this... I would love an opportunity to be able to harness the "giftedness" represented in the likes of Pastors Kraig Pullam, William Pullam, Witherspoon, Mann, MchGee, etc. and create something unique and much needed. Something to include a panel of Pastors/Preachers who could offer maybe a conference, revival, crusade, church growth/counsel help... The list goes on. I know that I have thoroughly enjoyed the fellowship thus far and would love an opportunity to meet many of these well versed and wise people of God that are walking in areas of gifting and expertise that could be of help to myself and congregation. I realize, again, that this is just a "brainstorm" but maybe you can offer some feedback and possibly help me to reconcile the "idea" and assess it as feasible or not...

I will be looking forward to your thoughts and subsequent ideas/suggestions.

Kevin

4 Comments:

At 8:24 AM, Blogger Pastor Lance A. Mann said...

Kevin, your spirit has connected with what has been in my heart for a few years now. Spoon and myself have been talking for at least 4 years about the need for Pastors to gather in a central location in the country, apart from conventions and these so-called major conferences, and meet once a quarter to fellowship, study together and be in corporate worship.

There is a great deficiency in biblical exposition in our pulpits today, and we can expose the country to some great minds of younger Pastors and seasoned Pastors to advise. I would love to get together on a conference call with all of our blogging community and set something up for 2009, that will begin small, but have great potential to grow into something awesome for the Kingdom of God.

Lance

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Keith D. Witherspoon said...

Pastor Kevin, as Lance has previously stated, this is something that I have been lookiing to do for quite some time. We need to do this with a sense of urgency!

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger Vietta P's two cents worth said...

And where does that leave me?

Love you!

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger Watch Me Change said...

Kevin,

I think that would be awesome. I tried to get something like this going on myspace when I had interested questions or topics from our class at church on Sunday mornings, but you know myspace is kinda out there sometimes, lol. I'd like it if we could post questions and the panel answer back collectively or seperately. Let me know when you get this going. Also I look forward to seeing you at the revival in September. I need a word that I knoe you have been given by God. The way you make it relevant is surreal, off tha chain and tailor made. But then again you are my kinfolk and I know that Pullam's do have favor with God.

Love ya,
CJ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home