Sunday, June 11, 2006

Peacock Proud Pastor

The Youth Convention was a grand success. The spirit of the day was wonderful, the children seemed to be helped and encouraged, and the attendance was good also. Our theme, "Power 4 Life," was really affective and fit well in the course of the classes, preaching and afternoon session. I am thoroughly satisfied with the way Friendship stepped up to the plate. Everyone was in place and working toward the goal of being a good host. We had people on the food, and in other various areas helping to make sure our guest were well accommodated. During the welcome period, one of our youth said in a very comical way "you all are very welcome even though we are going to beat you in the competition." Given the spirit of our convention, it was taken in good fun and everyone laughed about it. During the lunch break I approached her and said, "you really have to come with it now because you put it out there." Well, wouldn't you know, our youth department showed out. They did exceptionally well in every one of the events. Bible Story Telling, Bible Memory Work (two age groups), Bible Sword Drill (two age groups), extemporaneous Speaking and Praise Dance were the events. We got first place in all but two events and then second and third places in various events. My, My, My.... You would have to know the history to really appreciate that. It was only three or four years ago that we were getting "spanked" in every event. Now God has allowed it to grow and it feels mighty good that this growth was experienced under my pastoral leadership. I realize that every portion of the credit belongs to the Lord. However, it does make me proud to see that God is adding increase in the midst of our efforts to strengthen the youth. Needless to say, we are on our way to the State Youth Convention with our hearts strengthened and our minds set on a "State Sweep."

4 Comments:

At 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to say Pastor, that everything was put together and executed very well yesterday! No drama, controversy, or bitter feelings! Just good Christian fun...It was great! God knew who to appoint as director & you have not let him down. SP

 
At 2:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to commend you Pastor, for a job well done! God has truly blessed us with a dynamic leader! I want to also commend the youth for their hard work & dedication. I’m proud of you all. Special thanks to Sis C. Fillmore, Sis K. Harris & Sis Y. Fillmore for working so diligently with our youth. You ladies are doing a fantastic job! Stayed encouraged & keep up the good work. It will not be in vein. I love you all.

 
At 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lp said...
I want to commend you Pastor, for a job well done at this year’s convention! God has truly blessed us with a dynamic leader! I want to also commend the youth for their hard work & dedication. I’m proud of them all & they are all winners in my heart. Hats off to Sis C. Fillmore, Sis K. Harris & Sis Y. Fillmore for working so diligently with our youth. Those ladies are doing a fantastic job! I pray that they stay encouraged. Their work “today”, is not in vein. It is instrumental in helping to Em“Power” our youth for tomorrow.

 
At 6:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PASTOR , OUR YOUTH WERE FANTASTIC AND DID AND EXCELLENT JOB IN THEIR HARD WORK AND SO WERE THE YOUTH SPONSORS .AND WITH YOU AS OUR LEADER WE CAN TAKE STATE EASY WE ARE READY FOR IT AND WITH OUR LORD BY OUR SIDE WE WILL EXCELL A.S.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home