Monday, May 29, 2006

"Summer, Summer, Summertime"

Well, it was a wonderful Memorial Day holiday. I just chilled out all day. I did a little research this evening. For some reason I am currently on a "Reformation" kick and wanted to explore the implications made in the Apostle's and Nicene Creeds. My studies brought forth some very fruitful thought that I am sure will prove helpful in my teachings at "The Ship." Anyway, it has been a quiet day. Now, it's up and at'em again in the morning. I have taken on the massive responsibility of 13 hours in summer session one. Then I am tackling 9 hours in summer session two. To the average person, this would be considered totally insane. But, I am on a mission and I am not going to stop until mission is accomplished. The true challenge I have placed on myself is to get as close to all A's as possible. I know this is going to be really hard. Especially when considering my regular ecclesiastical responsibilities and tasks. On Wednesday and Thursday of this week we have our State Home mission Board Meetings. I am still wondering how I am going to shuffle this amongst the school schedule. I am on to do a Bible topic in the Wednesday morning session. "The Benefits of Fellowship" taken from Acts chapter 2. This happens to be one of the many passages I cherish as relates to the church. I am just a bit apprehensive about having to get out of the second day of school to do it. I know that God will make a way. Then, in about a week and a half our church is hosting the District's Youth Convention. This wouldn't be so much in and of itself, however I serve as the Youth Convention Director. Therefore, I have a lot of ducks to get lined up for that one. Again, God always makes a way and I know He will this time as well. We have several strong youth workers in our congregation and they have dedicated much of their week to making sure everything is in order. Lord, thank you for the kind of spirit they have. And Lord, you know who "they" are..... I ask every one of your prayers that God will strengthen spiritually, intellectually and physically to maintain until I cross the stage..... Man, you talk about a shoutin good time.... Graduation for me will prove to be an intricate piece of the illustrious mosaic I hope to fashion.

2 Comments:

At 4:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

With God all thing's are possible.KH

 
At 6:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Graduation is one of the many "benefits of relationship". Just keep your mind stayed on God and your eye on that prize. God will make a way...as He always does. lp

 

Post a Comment

<< Home