Thursday, May 25, 2006

"Fighting for my Future"

I particularly appreciated the "quote for the week" used by Pastor Otis Lockett which read,
"You don't owe your past an apology as much as you owe your future a chance."-(J. Hole) You know, it's so easy to fall into passive resignation about the potential for what lies ahead of us. I have determined that we, the children of God, are in the fight of our life. Satan wants us to bound and bury us with our past mistakes, shortcomings and non-achievement. However, we can't allow ourselves to sit on your stewardship and forget about our future. So, I challenge you all to do 3 things:
1) Forget the Mess (1 John 1:9)
2) Stand the Test (1 Corinthians 10:13)
3) Reach for the Best (Hebrews 10:35)
"Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." -Phi 3:13-14

2 Comments:

At 7:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN! AMEN! AMEN!! AMEN!!! TOWARDS THE FUTURE WE GO A.S "I DOUBLE CHALLENGE "

 
At 4:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen! This is a great goal to fight for.KH

 

Post a Comment

<< Home