Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Soli Deo Gloria

"To the Glory of God alone." That's my testimony about yesterday's breakthrough. I had tuitions due at school by the end of the day. I was looking at about 3300.00 for both summer sessions and the fall. This figure does not include books. Being that I was having to "self-pay" for these classes, it appeared that dropping all of the classes was my only option. However, when I went online to the student services website, I was not able to drop them because of a hold on my student account. I discovered that the videos for a Biology class I had taken were required to be returned before the hold would be lifted. I did that and was told by the librarian that the hold was lifted immediately. But, much to my surprise, I still could not drop the classes because of another hold. I then found out that there was an "exit interview" document required in the financial aid office. Naturally, I went to take care of that and it was as simple as reading and signing one paper. As I was leaving the financial aid office, I noticed that the window labeled "Veteran's services" had a lady there with no one waiting in line. I decided to make an inquiry about veteran's benefits. I said, "I have been told before that Texas veterans can go to Texas schools tuition free. How does that work?" She then proceeded to tell me the requirements and subsequently the four documents I needed in order to apply. I jumped right on it and had the documents for her in about an hour. (understand I had already been at the school most of the day) I then went to the line and handed her the information. There was one document needed from the U.S. Armed Forces that I was going to have to wait about two or three weeks for. However, she told me to wait a minute and she would be right back. She came back with four printouts of my school schedules and resulting bills. She then pulled out an inked stamp and affixed "HZLWD" on the bottom of each page along with her initials. She then instructed "take these to the cashier's window and all of your tuition and fees will be paid." I was in absolute amazement. I asked her, "It's ALL paid? And, how long will they do this?" She said, "you are now a part of the Hazelwood Act's Tuition Exemption program. From today's date, you will be allowed to take 150 college hours of school in any Texas supported institution at no cost to you." Lord, You are absolutely amazing. I am awed by your unfailing love, protection and providence. Thank you for again making a way when, through the frailty of human perspective, I could not see a way. "But my God shall supply all my need according to His riches in glory." Hallelujah!!!

4 Comments:

At 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HZLWD!
God has shown you much favor because you are a blessed man of God. I bid you many blessings as it relates to your many endeavors and I know that God has tremendous things in store for you. lp

 
At 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pastor Pullam, this is great, and God is not done with you yet.Keep your head up.KH

 
At 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU DESERVE ALL THE BLESSINGS THE LORD SENDS YOUR WAY YOU ARE VERY WELL DESERVING OFF THEM. HE WILL SUPPLY YOUR NEED. A.S

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Kevin, that's amazing!

That story I am sure will find its way into one of my sermons.

I'll give you credit for it...lol..

Hang in there man.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home