Wednesday, October 08, 2008

God Hears and Answers Prayer

As you know, per the post on yesterday, I have been thoroughly engaged in prayer for several "brothers" that have been heavy on my heart.

Well, of that group of brothers, one of them that has been a part of my fervent devotion and prayer has been my biological brother in the name of Keith L. Pullam. Today, October 8th, happens to be the day that he celebrates his 33rd birthday. The Lord allowed me to be in much missed fellowship with him on yesterday and today. Yesterday he came by the church to speak with my father and as result we ended up going to Cracker Barrel together to have some time of catching up and kicking back. The Lord is SO faithful. While he was there at the church, the Lord prompted me to get on the piano and just TRY to conjure up some of the gospel tunes we used to play "back in the day." As result, Keith got on the drums. It has been years since we had played together and we BOTH struggled to get through the songs. But, the worth of that time spoke VOLUMES to my heart. I was just SO glad and appreciative that God had us catch a glimpse of how it "used to be."

Well... As a result of this special time I commented to Keith that we were actually in NEED of a drummer to "help out" a bit. Furthermore I suggested that he stop by on tonight at 8:15pm to sit in on rehearsal. 6:45pm, I got to the church. (rushed to make my handout copies for bible study) Taught bible study (had a wonderful time in our Spiritual Leadership series part 4). Was meeting and greeting people at the close of bible study, looked up and what do you know? Keith was hugging and greeting people from the congregation. I know it may NOT be such a big deal to YOU, but if you knew the story it was a certain VICTORY... He REALLY CAME, is all I could think. He greeted Bro. Evans, our church musician/director, and mounted the drums. YES, he is still very rusty after years of NOT playing. But, it was MUSIC to my ears.

He promised/pledged to be there on Sunday. THANK YOU LORD for being the "lifter up of my head." God is so AWESOME. I know that this is just one simple step. But, the Lord knows how I have toiled in prayer for my brother Keith and that He would allow us to be yoked together in ministry.

I ask the prayers of my entire blog family that the Lord will allow me insight to offer the correct mixture of love and leadership to hopefully see a rekindling of Keith's fire and desire for the Lord and Kingdom work.

Kevin

7 Comments:

At 10:32 PM, Blogger Vietta P's two cents worth said...

I am to full to speak. My cup runneth over. Thank you my Baby. I have been made very happy on this day. I will rejoice in the Lord!

Praises be to the Father.

I love you Kevin,
Mom

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger Reginald C. Payne said...

KEVIN WE DON'T KNOW EACH OTHER BUT WE WILL BE IN MUCH PRAYER FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.

PHP 1:19
19 for I know that through your prayers and the help of the Spirit of Jesus Christ this will turn out for my deliverance,

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger Pastor W.L. Pullam said...

Praise the Lord! This is a wonderful post and wonderful testimony. God has a way of navigating circumstances to bring about His desired results. As a father, I rejoice, as a pastor, I rejoice, as a servant, I rejoice.
And, yes, it was sweet music to my ears also but even sweeter music to my heart. God is good and He does indeed answer prayer. Not in our time but in His time. Our task is to remain faithful in prayer.
God bless you son and I truly believe that "the best is yet to come."
By the tie of Calvary
Dad

 
At 5:27 AM, Blogger Pastor A. A. McGhee said...

Praise God for answered prayer!!! Be encouraged my dear friend. I will continue to pray your strength and that of your beloved brother. The Lord is softening the soil of his heart so that the seed of God's love and Word can produce fruit. God be praised.

 
At 6:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kevin, stick with it. The power of Prayer never ceases to amaze me. God is awesome.

Be Encouraged.

Tony R.

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Fitts said...

Great news my brother, I am rejoicing with you. Our God is a Great God!!!

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Pastor Kraig L. Pullam said...

I am both grateful and covetous as I have read this blog. (I do know that coveting is sin; and I will confess and repent later). I covet because you and Keith have all of the musical giftedness...and were able to rehash on lost time. Another thing-I really wished I had been there for the fellowship on Keith's birthday. More than this, I am grateful for Keith's being present at the church for rehearsal. This means a lot!!! Keith is very gifted in his own right. I pray that you will continue to encourage one another in the days ahead. This is good news. I am always praying for you. Love you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home