Monday, August 04, 2008

Up and At'em

Why a Pastor would take an 8am class on Monday morning, is beyond me. Man, I have been up for about an hour (since 5:37) trying to prepare myself for the day. I have to turn in my portion of a group project in which we will do a presentation on Wednesday. The class is Psychology of Religion and I have been placed in a group that will do a presentation on "The Order of Solar Temple." Wow... There are some strange "Religious" groups to have existed. Then I have a test later on this morning. That is for a class called Racial Groups and Ethnicity. That is actually a Sociology class, and was very interesting.

Well, worship and word went well on yesterday. Of course, there is always some feeling of "I could have done better" on the part of the self-critiquing preacher/pastor. However, I do feel I preached what/how the Lord would have had me to. Now I am in need of strength for the week. I am much like my new found preaching/pastoring friend who blogged yesterday about a need for refreshing and renewing. I think he "hit the nail on the head" for me personally. But, I know that God will give us exactly what we need.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 8:47 AM, Blogger Keith D. Witherspoon said...

Pastor, I completely understand. I am at the point of almost complete burnout. I wish you well on your test today and I'm praying for your strength!! Be Blessed!!

 
At 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course I have nothing but complete concern for your well being and health. Try and get some rest My Baby. I know you are on a journey toward several goals and I pray your strength in the Lord. I am proud of your pursuits towards attaining them. I am praying for you always. I know you are going to ace the test. I love you.

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Pastor Kraig L. Pullam said...

I am praying for you! If it gives you any comfort at all, I took an 8a.m. course last semester and will probably take one next semester. The good news is - you're a few credits closer to your goal in making that sacrifice. I commend you. I pray for your rest and refreshing; classes seem exciting. You are almost there!

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger Pastor A. A. McGhee said...

I admire your courage and stand on the sidelines cheering for your success. Go get it!!!!

 
At 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What grade did you get on the test? I have been waiting to hear. I'm expecting a good report because you always do good.

I love you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home