Monday, November 19, 2007

Long Time No Blog!

Wow... Has it really been over a week since I last blogged? To be honest, it felt more like just a few days. I have been busy and a lot has happened, but it still didn't feel like that long.

We had a wonderful day on yesterday (Sunday). The Lord was especially kind to my family and I. The congregation took it upon themselves to "surprise" us with an "Appreciation Service." The year was a bit turbulent. Subsequently, the usual time to officially commemorate my Pastoral Anniversary had come and gone.(August) I really had conceded that the Lord would be faithful in successive years and basically had the attitude "Better Luck next time." But, there is a group of amazing people at our church that have the right kind of heart. They, prompted by the Holy Spirit, yielded themselves to prepare a true expression of love and appreciation. My heart and determination were strengthened as a result of this time.

I was so overwhelmed with emotion and gratitude that I could hardly preach. I seek to make no excuses for what I consider to be one of my flatest sermon presentations in a long time. (Since my time at Cornerstone in Houston Texas, actually) I was well read, studied, prepared and rested. However, it just didn't seem to get off of the ground. But, something amazing happened. We extended the "opportunity of the church" and 9 people came forward. There were 9 for membership. One of the nine is also a candidate for water baptism. God is so amazing and I thank Him with a sincere heart. This just goes to show, once again, that my definition of "flunkersville" my not necessarily be what God says it is. I am thankful that He is still granting our ministry to have some degree of fruitfulness.

Anyway... I am glad to be back on the blog and am committing myself to posting at least once a day.

1 Comments:

At 3:37 PM, Blogger Pastor Kraig L. Pullam said...

Pastor Pullam--that is so awesome!!! Excited to hear about all of the great things that took place this past Sunday. For one thing-it is such a blessing to see those who really appreciate their Pastor! Friendship is a great church in a very good location and harvest field. I can't wait for the day when I am able to hear you preach in Spanish! 9 souls!!! Wow-this encourages me that God is able. I know the work, prayer and sacrifices that you have made. And I have seen how far HE has brought and is bringing you as a church family. This lets me know that is able to do it again. Thanks for your testimony, blog, and your diligence. This is only the beginning.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home