Monday, August 04, 2008

Still Up, Not At'em

Well, it WAS a long day. Good thing is that the day was productive. I managed to get everything done today that was on the agenda I mentioned earlier. I was even able to remain faithful to my new goal to go to the gym all but one day out of the week. So, I got back from the gym about two hours ago and have been sitting on the couch, watching Godfather (undoubtedly my favorite "secular" film), and enjoying the "spunk" of my family. They really are great. It is just another reminder of why I am doing this all in the first place. Of course, I look forward to every opportunity to equip and position myself for kingdom work and advancement. But, I am also motivated, determined, and focused on effecting a better future for my family. They are so worth it... I got sidetracked, in more ways than one for a few years, but God has me "in the zone." I love what He's doing with, in, and through me. Thank you Lord for deciding to use me. So... I'm still up, but figured these moments with those I love the dearest is well worth the time. So, no "At'em" tonight. The books are on the coffee table, the homework is in the backpack, the laptop is still in the bag. As Scarlet O'Hara would say, "I can't think about those things now, I will have to deal with that tomorrow."

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 10:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I constantly find myself in amazement with regard to you and your stewardship both to the study & preparation of God's Word and your study & preparation for the degree you will soon obtain. I know first hand that the long road that you travel daily can sometimes be a rough one so it brings me much delight to know, my love, that through it all there's still time for us. (Superman has hung up his cape for the evening & will be up & at'em again tomorrow) Those whom you love dearest love you back because YOU"RE worth it and we thank God for your beautiful heart.

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger Pastor Kraig L. Pullam said...

In an age and era where Pastors have neglected their paternal role, you are a definite example and model. Keep up the good work! Your immediate family loves you and they can see the sacrifices that you make on a daily basis. You've done well by spending time with them. I commend you.

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger Pastor Kraig L. Pullam said...

In an age and era where Pastors have neglected their paternal role, you are a definite example and model. Keep up the good work! Your immediate family loves you and they can see the sacrifices that you make on a daily basis. You've done well by spending time with them. I commend you.

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger Pastor A. A. McGhee said...

I'm happy to know you can balance family matters and The Father's mandate. You are an inspiration to us all.

 
At 10:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have always been a beautiful person inside and you "sho nuff wuz" a BEAUTIFUL baby! You are still easy on the eyes now. I have been watching you come into your own in many areas for a long time. And there is so much yet to come. It is good to see that you cherish those things that matter the most. There is no doubt that you are cherished as well. You know what you mean to me even though we are related. I'm happy you took some time away from the books to rest the mind and body. I have been praying for you a loooogggg time and will continue to do so, as well as for LaTonya and the Kids. I love you.

vlpSongbird
Proverbs 3:5&6

 

Post a Comment

<< Home