Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Last 48

Today is a "weird" day. I realized, when getting up early this morning to work on bible study PowerPoints, that tonight would be the last "service" my oldest son will attend as a "full-time resident" of my home/Corpus Christi. On Friday Kory LaQuess Pullam will venture away from Corpus Christi to spend 4 days at Stephen F. Austin University's Freshman Camp. He will not report to his dormitory, on campus, until August 22nd (a week from Friday). However, we are now in the last two full days of him being here. He will be with his mother in the Houston area and I will meet them there on next Thursday so we can drive him to the campus and LEAVE him there. Wow... I am actually starting to feel funny about it. I hadn't really thought that it would be a BIG DEAL but, just as my parents warned, the feeling is surging.

I know that God has Kory destined for greatness as long as he can keep his head on straight and stay focused. Funny thing is... I believe he's predisposed to do that. I ask your prayers to give us strength to make this transition smoothly. Even more, that God will continue to provide as we move forward in faith to ascertain he is there without overwhelming or unmet need.

One of my favorite shows on television is the "First 48." Detectives rush to get the greatest clues and leads on a homicide before the case goes cold. Well, this is the "Last 48." Much like the detectives in the show, I wish I could slow down the clock and salvage more time. But, I know that Lord has a perfect plan in mind. Lord, I trust YOU. Take care of our baby boy.

9 Comments:

At 10:33 AM, Blogger Pastor A. A. McGhee said...

Congratulations, I pray for Kory's success and your strength.

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Pastor Lance A. Mann said...

Kevin, I know exactly what you and your wife are going through. I have one son who has graduated college, another son who is in his second year, and a third son who will be there in two years, and four years after that our youngest son will be there. I am praying for your son, but I know that he will be fine because he was raised in a Godly home.

Lance

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Keith D. Witherspoon said...

You are in my prayers!

 
At 8:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know that you are truly proud of Kory and I certainly congratulate him and thank God for his great accomplishments thus far. I am confident that he has the "right stuff" to do very well in College and the He has a true love for the Lord. I also believe that Kory will depend on the Lord to lead, guide and direct him.
I also know very well the feeling that overwhelms you when you the day comes to make the journey you are about to make. You know the day is coming but it always sort of seems to be in the distant future. When the reality truly sets in it can truly be overwhelming.
But God will give you all the strength. Your mother and I, having "been there and done that" have tried to prepare you for this day.
God bless you and "praise the Lord."
Your Dad and a proud and thankful Grandad.

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Watch Me Change said...

Kevin,

I know that it's hard to let go. It's hard for me and Peyton is only 20 months old. Each time I drop her off at daycare I wonder if they will take care of her like I do, will she be safe, be happy. You've got it right by soliciting prayers and covering Kory in the blood of Jesus. He will look after him and see that all his needs are met. Like the song says, "though your vessel be empty, HE WILL SUPPLY".

Love you,
Connye

 
At 9:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am praying mightily for our Baby Boy. I am going to miss him sooooo much even though I didn't see him on a daily basis. Just knowing he was across town safe and sound was enough. I Know he will face a new world without the same feelings of security that he has always known. But, we know his character and the young Man he has grown to become. Kevin, Twonda, and LaTonya you did a great job raising him and you should be proud. I feel confident that he is ready to step out, grab hold to what God has set before him.

Kevin and Twonda the infant you held in your arms almost 19 years ago is a young Man now. Although he will forever be "our" Baby, you have prepared him for this day. I know how you feel as you think back and remember over all the years.

May God give you the strength that you need when you release him to college life.

I love you Kory!! and we are very proud of you. Keep ALL my phone numbers on speed dial. Call if you need ANYTHING. May the Lord go with you.

I love you,
With My Whole Heart,

Nana
Proverbs 3:5&6

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger Pastor Kraig L. Pullam said...

Well as you know, I really love this guy. I remember when he was born. He is one of the good ones; and I have no doubt that he will do great! He will be in our prayers.

 
At 4:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pastor Pullam,
I will be praying for you and Sis. Pullam as well as Twonda. You all have raised a wonderful young man in a good Christian home and God will take care of him. It is very hard as I think about my oldest son going off to college in another State and having to put him on a airplane and watching him go through the tunnel, WOW, how devastating. God brought us through and gave us strength through it all. Trust in the Lord and he will give you all strength and definitely take care of Kory.

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger Vietta P's two cents worth said...

My thoughts will constantly be with you, LaTonya and Twonda tomorrow. I will be in prayer for us all as Kory make his departure from home Tomorrow. Give him our Love.

Nana
Proverbs 3:5&6

 

Post a Comment

<< Home